Please note:

This blog (which originated during the 2012 Romney campaign) consists of my opinions, and my opinions alone. Despite the election loss, I've continued the blog, and write a post when strong feelings drive me to it. In spite of the blog titIe, I DO NOT speak for my church nor for other members of my church. If anything I say ever contradicts LDS doctrine .... forget me and go with the Church.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Never ending scapegoats

For some reason, President Obama feels that it promotes his campaign for reelection to place blame upon anyone and anything but himself.  Bret Stephens of the Wall Street Journal, gave a list of Obama's scapegoats in addition to his all-time favorite, the Bush administration. 


"As president, Mr. Obama has attempted to make scapegoats of bankers, bondholders, private-equity firms, insurance companies, energy companies, ATMs, the Chamber of Commerce, the Catholic Church, opponents of illegal immigration, European politicians, Supreme Court justices and even Japanese tsunamis. Next, perhaps, it will be solar flares."  http://online.wsj.com/article/global_view.html

His latest attempt to pass the blame:

"I love it when these guys talk about debt and deficits. I inherited a trillion dollar deficit. ...... It's like somebody goes to a restaurant, orders a big steak dinner, a martini and all that stuff, then just as you're sitting down they leave and accuse you of running up the tab." http://nation.foxnews.com/obama-fundraiser/2012/06/12/obama-gop-bought-big-steak-dinner-martinis-and-stuck-me-bill

I don't know about you, but three and one half years in office isn't exactly what I'd consider "just sitting down".

Contrast that with President Harry Truman, who came into office facing national problems far beyond those with which our current president must deal.   In other words, WWII.  He had a different philosophy, expressed by a simple plaque which sat on his desk.


2 comments:

  1. Not only is Obama not "just sitting down", he has TRIPLED the deficit during his YEARS in office. Instead of fixing the problem, he has tripled it. This man will never take responsibility for his contribution to our nation's problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And I don't recall Reagan blaming Carter for the recession of the 1980s.

      Delete