Please note:

This blog (which originated during the 2012 Romney campaign) consists of my opinions, and my opinions alone. Despite the election loss, I've continued the blog, and write a post when strong feelings drive me to it. In spite of the blog titIe, I DO NOT speak for my church nor for other members of my church. If anything I say ever contradicts LDS doctrine .... forget me and go with the Church.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Prayer in the White House?? Never!



New York Time's correspondent Jody Kantor, appeared on MSNBC to discuss Mitt Romney's religious faith and its effect upon him and his possible presidency.


"'What we were really looking at is the biographical influence of faith on Mitt Romney's life,"  Kantor explained.
"We're talking about much more subtle matters of world view, of morality, of values,"  Kantor told MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts.  "And so some of the things that we see he learned from the church is a real emphasis on persistence and resilience, a real emphasis on rules and another interesting thing I learned is that prayer plays a huge role in the way he sort of approaches the world and makes decisions.  He prays quite a lot, quite seriously and he has prayed on both political and business decisions.'" 




No!!  Not that!!!  The man ..... PRAYS???


But then .... so did this man.

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go."  Abraham Lincoln


And this man.

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."  George Washington


Kantor continues.


"'One of the most interesting things is the belief in American exceptionalism.  Every political candidate goes out on the trail and unfurls his or her patriotism, right?  But Mitt Romney's is a little bit different because Mormons actually believe that God had a plan for the United States.  That the country is sort of divinely inspired, that the Consititution is divinely inspired, that our country is marked by God to play a unique role in history,' a surprised-sounding Kantor shared."
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/05/21/nyt_reporter_goes_to_romneys_church_seeks_dirt_from_worshipers.html


Heaven forbid we have a president who believes in the divine origin and destiny of this great country, and that he implores God often, for guidance and wisdom .......



Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson kneeling to pray over the Declaration of Independence. 


........  Heaven help us, if we don't.








2 comments: