Please note:

This blog (which originated during the 2012 Romney campaign) consists of my opinions, and my opinions alone. Despite the election loss, I've continued the blog, and write a post when strong feelings drive me to it. In spite of the blog titIe, I DO NOT speak for my church nor for other members of my church. If anything I say ever contradicts LDS doctrine .... forget me and go with the Church.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

On the other hand .... More thoughts on gay marriage

Feeling sadness.  Not just about the frightening changes happening in our land, but for those people who were placed, at birth, on an almost impossibly rough road through mortality.  It's said the vast majority did not choose this road, and logic must agree.  

Here I sit, on my high horse, absolutely smothered in blessings that bring me joy and hope.  I was allowed to marry the person with whom I fell in love while the world smiled upon our union.  We were able to create a family and raise our children together and now happily watch them repeat the pattern.  The majority of my life has been textbook-"normal", right out of a sixties sitcom.  

So who am I to judge someone who was dealt a different set of cards?  Someone who simply wants the same blessings that were given to me.  

If I was gay, I'd want what I have now.   I'd yearn for it.  I might have even fought for it.  I'd want the same love and companionship that I have now.   I'd want normalcy.  I'd want acceptance.  I'd want to be a mother.  

Yes, I believe in God and that He has the answer.  I just don't know, exactly, what it is yet.  I believe that, through my faith and religion, I have access to all answers .... or will have .... eventually.  But for those people who don't know about that access ..... what are they supposed to do?  We cannot judge them by what we know, and they don't.  

I disagree with gay marriage for all the reasons I've written about, and more.  I firmly believe it is against God's plan for each of us, and for those who must endure loneliness during this lifetime, there's something better  -- infinitely better -- coming.   And we all want that for them.

But in the meantime, we who have what I have, must ... we must .... understand.  They don't see what we see.  They just want the same things we all want.  Who can blame them?    

No comments:

Post a Comment